October 8th 2014 6:23 a.m. A Prosperous Journey

Romans 1:10  Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established.........

I love the Bible!  What a joy it is to get into the Bible everyday and see what it has to say to me.  Here in this passage our writer is talking about a journey.  When you think about it, life is just that.  It is a journey for us.  I'm glad today that it is a journey about us going to heaven.  I know Christ as my Saviour and I know I'm on that journey going to Heaven.

But what about the daily journeys we are on?  Here the writer is asking that he experience a prosperous journey.  Isn't that what we all want to experience?  I would say Amen and Amen!  He realized that this journey would only happen if it was the Will of God.  What a way to live!  May the God of Heaven help us all to desire to do exactly what He wants, not what we want.

What a passion for service our writer had.  "For I long to see you" is a statement that should be said in our life.  Do we have this kind of drive and passion for others?  He wanted to teach them so many truths that in the end they may become strong believers.

My prayer is that somewhere in this text you can find yourself today.  Are you the one making request?  Are you on a journey?  Do you have direction in life?  Are you living according to God's will or your own?  Do you have a passion to see others?  Are you teaching others?  Are you sharing with others what has been shared with you?  Are you seeing others established in the faith?  These are are just a few questions to ponder.  May the God of Heaven help us to be our best for Him in these perilous days in which we live!

Now for my recent journey.  Monday after teaching Bible and ministering in Sanford I filled up the airplane and flew down and picked up Pastor John Barnes in Woostah Mass.  Both of us then flew to Syracuse NY to be a part of Church Planters Conference.  I was asked to preach on Tuesday and invite some men to come with me.  I invited Pastor Barnes and Brooks Suttles.  To God be the Glory we were able to see almost 4000 dollars raised for their church planting projects.  What a mighty God we serve!!!  Yesterday afternoon I got back in the airplane and flew back home to Sanford after dropping Bro. Barnes off in Manchester.  I landed in the one of the strongest crosswinds in Manchester Ive ever landed in.  But I'm here typing this out so God gave me a prosperous journey.
What a joy it is to see the scripture come alive in our own lives.  May the God of Heaven help us to live with expectancy in light of His soon return.  Let's stay after what He has called us to do.

A Servant of the King and Kings and Lord of Lords Jesus Christ

Pastor Todd Bell

No comments: