August 5th 2011 5:31 a.m.

Greetings in the Precious Name of the Lord Jesus Christ

Personal Revival
Psalms 51
It’s my desire as a missionary to the Northeast to see the God of Heaven move in power and glory. What I mean is that my prayer is that revival will sweep through every city, town, village, and community. I personally am willing by God’s good grace to do whatever it may take to see this happen. But, if God so wills not to move in revival blessings on a community be assured that there is hope. The answer I believe is personal revival. God is able in a very personal way to bring back to life that which is at the point of death. He’s able to rejuvenate the individual in such an extant that they will be on fire for Him. I’ve heard one preacher of ole say, “God will send the Holy Ghost to give you spiritual CPR if He has to so you don’t die out on Him.” Oh that He would do this for me and for those that are reading this devotional. I really do want to be filled with the Power of the Holy Spirit and experience personal revival each and every day of my life. God knows that I don’t want to be a dead Christian, dried up, with no life. God knows that I don’t want to be part of a church that ends up being a glorified social gathering. “Oh Lord send the power just now, oh Lord send the power just now,” is how the song goes. In our text before us today we see that David experienced this thing called personal revival. He no doubt needed it after all the sin that he found himself committing. You cannot help but notice God working with this man just from a simple reading of this text. In the next few devotionals we will look at some of the components that are a part of personal revival. We will see the things that David wanted through this time in his life. Verse one teaches us he wanted mercy, “Have mercy upon me, O God,.” David knew that if he got justice it wouldn’t be pretty. He had sinned and was begging God for mercy. Mercy is a prerequisite for personal revival. We are simply asking God to have pity and compassion on us. Will you not ask God for the same today? Join with me today as I personally ask God to have mercy on me. May God bless you until tomorrow.

I was blessed of the Lord yesterday to be able to bring all my tools home from the work site and organize them a little. We are nearing a place in the building process of wait and see. We are waiting now on the sprinkler guys to finish there work. Next week on Friday the insulation starts. After then it's the sheetrock. It's exciting to see it all coming together but also it's very nerve racking. "Casting all your care upon Him for He careth for you." Well Glory! Theirs the key.

Today Lord willing I'm going to Jackman to go soul-winning. Pray that God would give us souls and good flying weather!

A Servant for Christ

Pastor Todd Bell

1 comment:

PREACHER DAVE said...

Amen, Brother, my prayer and desire is the same!

Dave C