March 10, 2009 5:49 a.m.

Good Morning World!

Setting our Face like a Flint

In Isaiah 50:7 the Bible declares, “For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed”. This passage is a prophecy referring to the Lord Jesus Christ. The verses associated with this verse speak of His death on the cross of Calvary for our sins. As He was walking up Calvary’s hill to shed His precious blood, the Bible declares, “I have set my face like a flint.” As a result of this, He followed through with the eternal plan to pay the price for the sins of the whole world that day. I believe He set His face like a flint because He knew that He alone could pay the price of redemption. No one else was fit to do such a task. It was His Blood and His Blood alone that had to be shed. The blood of bulls and goats that had been shed down through the annals of time could never satisfy the righteous demands of a Holy God. It took the Blood of God to pay the price. Further, I believe He set His face like a flint because He saw you and me. He saw those that would one day repent of their sins and turn to Him in faith trusting Him and Him alone to save them from their sins. He did not turn back. He followed through with the plan of God.

I don’t know who I may be talking to today but, I feel that there is someone out there who is thinking of turning back on our Lord. He didn’t turn back, why should you? Can we not learn from this passage of Scripture that we need to set our face like a flint. We need to be determined that we are going to follow through with God’s plan for our life like our Lord did. We will be rewarded with a multitude of souls that have been rescued from the perishing. Our faithful service will pay off with many that have been ministered unto. Let us all today set our face like a flint and stick to the task to which He has called us. May the God of Heaven bless these words to each of our hearts.

Pray much for me today as I do some research about a new church plant. Tonight everyone is invited to come to the hanger for a potluck and work party on the piper warrior. Should be an exciting evening!!

Please Pray for Me! If only you knew how much I covet your prayers.

Preacher

No comments: