June 25th 2014 6:32 a.m.

Greetings in the Life Changing Glorious and Gracious Name of The Lord Jesus Christ

Over 20 years ago I remember praying and seeking the face of God in my country church in North Carolina.  I use to run to church in the morning and then lock the door behind me.  It was then that I sought The Lord and ask Him to give me wisdom about how to win Mainers to Christ and how to see churches built.  The God of Heaven has been so gracious to us down through the years.  Its still with great joy that we serve Him now.  The ministry is so exciting!  Bless The Lord for all He continues to do.
As I was seeking The Lord I would ask Him about Wednesday nights.  What He told me those many years ago is what we still do.  The Lord said to me have a real service.  Don't just show up and play around but make it worth the people's drive in.  So now for 18 years we have had a full service on Wednesday nights.  I know that everyone has liberty to do as you feel God is leading you but we have full services on Wednesday nights.  The Choir sings, specials are sung, congregationals are enjoyed and the Word of God is preached!
Tonight we are looking forward to another one of those full services.  We also welcome tonight West Coast Baptist College!  I can't wait to see what God is going to do in the meeting.
Is it just me or have you noticed also that their is a trend in our day that the Wednesday service is the least attended and the least spiritual at times?  I believe any time we meet together it should be taken with great sincerity and dignity.  We should not have a big Sunday morning, then are more relaxed Sunday night and then a little "Bible study" on Wednesday.  May all of us continue to be our best for Christ in all the services.
Notice also the dress for the services change to.  We really dress up on Sunday then we get sloppy by Wednesday. (I'm not talking about those coming straight from work)  My brethren these things ought not so to be.  Our God never changes!  Let's be excited about what The Lord is going to do tonight and let's pray for a mighty outpouring of His Spirit upon us!
I look forward to seeing you tonight at Calvary Baptist Church in Sanford Maine.

A Servant for Christ

Pastor Todd Bell
Philippians 4:6,7

No comments: