June 27th 2014 5:31 a.m.

Greetings in the Precious Name of the Lord Jesus Christ

I love the Bible!  What a joy it is to open it up in the morning and allow the Spirit of God to speak to you out of it.  Open thou my eyes that I may behold wondrous things written in thy law the Psalmist prayed and we need to likewise!
When studying the Bible you see so many things that the Spirit of God convicts you about and challenges you with.  In Philemon as Paul writes to Philemon about Onesimus he says in vrs. 21 "Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say."  Their are two great truths that jump off the page in my heart.  The first is that he had confidence in his obedience.  Does the Lord have confidence in our obedience?  Our we going to do right?  Are you going to make the right decisions about life and live an obedient life?  I pray our answer is yes!  And then second he says that thou wilt also do more than I say.  Are we the type of person that just barely gets the job done or do we do more then what we say?  When you clean up a mess do you pick up the crumbs or do you finish the job?  When you mow the grass do you weed everything and make it look real nice or do you just barely get the job done?  As you serve the Lord are you just skimping by or do you do more then what you say?  I know this is a lot to think about but this is where maturity comes into our lives.  Maybe some of us don't even read the scriptures or study them much less obey them and do more then what they say!  May the God of Heaven do a work in our lives to the extent that real maturation takes place.  God is doing a work of sanctification in our lives. Are we allowing it to have it's way?  Let's all pray that He will work in such a way in our lives that we experience Holy Ghost Power and a mighty outpouring of revival in this land.  I'm praying toward so many more being saved and churches being started all over this region.  Pray with me and for me that we can see this!

A Servant for Christ

Pastor Todd Bell
Mark 1:38
(what about our neighbors and what about other towns?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing that!