December 17th 2010 6:30 a.m.

Greetings in the Precious and Mighty Name of the Lord Jesus Christ

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

As we daily read in the book of Proverbs the Lord Jesus Christ gives us what we all need. And you may ask what is that? WISDOM! From the very beginning of life to the end we need to be people that are wise. It will save us so much heartache and problems along the way.

Here in our verse before us we have a typical Proverbial saying that makes a comparison. Their are multitudes of illustrations in Proverbs that teach us how we are to talk. Here we learn that their is a time that we must hold our peace. I know, we all are tempted to open our mouth and let er rip but the LORD says hold your peace. When we open wide our lips we are showing how foolish we are. Don't speak unless you know that what your about to say will be edifying and uplifting. You can say things that will cut to the chase but in turn they will be edifying if they are said in a way that honors the LORD!

You may ask, how can I know that I am a man of understanding? This verse teaches us that we are that when we shut our lips. Have you ever met someone that always has to have the last word. Their mouth is constantly running. Here the Word of God teaches us that they are not a person of understanding.

If you really want to be all the LORD wants you to be you obey the Word of God. What a joy it is to live as the LORD JESUS CHRIST would want you to live. I have been reading the book of Proverbs for over 20 years and it never ceases to amaze me how much wisdom the LORD continues to give me. I know I need it and I am so grateful for this book.

I'm excited about today. We have chapel this morning and then I will be off to the airport to buff some more on the plane. Dad and I worked hard yesterday to get the wings buffed. It's going to be a good day and I can't wait to see what God has in store.

Continue to pray for all the requests we have. We need to see some miracles in our ministry. Oh that God would rend the heavens and send an old fashion Holy Ghost filled revival in our midst. I'm longing!

Serving with a Smile

Pastor Todd Bell

No comments: