April 10, 2009 6:19 a.m.

Greetings in Jesus Name

Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

Note with me this morning several truths from this precious text in the Word of God!

First of all I see the calling of the twelve. As the LORD called these men so to HE is still calling forth men and woman today to serve HIM. Are we listening for the call or have we silenced the ringer. On the cell phones that most of use today we are able to do that but it's not recommended with the LORD. Let each of us be listening for the call of God. Has HE asked us to do things for HIM? He could do them himself but HE desires for us as HIS people to go forth with the gospel message and tell sinners far and wide Jesus Saves, Jesus Saves.

Second we note that he called twelve. We do know from other passages that he called more than these but he did call these twelve. What an honor to be chose by the King of Kings to represent HIM here on earth. Are you one of the twelve today? I remember the day that I was converted and I remember the day I was called. How exciting it is to serve!

Third we notice that HE gave them power. This tells us alot but one of things it says is that they needed power. Why would he give them something that they did not need. Just as they needed power to accomplish the Work of God so to we need the same power. The supernatural power that they were entrusted with is the same power that we must have to see the Work of God accomplished. May the God of Heaven consider us as candidates and entrust each of us with that wonder working power to do the Work of God!

Those that have heard the voice of GOD have been converted, called, and commissioned. May we be faithful to live out these truths in the place where HE has put us.

On a side note, I did have a good day on yesterday working around the house. I finally made it in at dark around 8 p.m. I got alot done but still have alot more to do for spring clean up.

Tonight we have discipleship with a family in our church. We are praying that HE will move in power and glory as we study the scriptures together.

Also I will be visiting and sharing the gospel as I try to do daily everywhere I go. Please pray for me that I will be effective and souls will be added to this work.

Pastor Todd Bell

No comments: