May 7th, 2009 6:52 a.m.

Greetings in Jesus Name

Wow, what a wonderful trip that we are having. The Lord is blessing everywhere we go. We started on yesterday morning at the state house in Providence R.I. There we unveiled a portrait of the great Baptist preacher John Clarke. You will see the portrait in the pictures but it does not do it justice. The artist took almost a year to paint this portrait. It was neat to be there with Bro. Jeff Faggart and all the 80 preachers from across America. The secretary of state of R.I. accepted the gift that will be on loan to them until the new building is built in Rockwell N.C. Also there to speak was the senate president of R.I. It was a very memorable occasion and one that will not be soon forgotten. Also I was able to see the original copy of the "lively experiment" that Mr. Clarke worked so hard to get. My we owe a debt to our Baptist forefathers that have plowed a way for us.

After R.I. we went to Tremont Temple in Boston and spent the rest of the day touring sites all over the city. Before we left Boston all 80 preachers stood in front of Quincys Market and sang to the top of our lungs. You talking about a blessing. People came out of the wood work and begin to clap after we sang. The Lord was glorified and we bless His Name for that!! I got in the bed around 12a.m. and was back at it around 6 this morning. Thank you for your prayers.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I get to see my family and that will be wonderful. Pray for us that God would bless us and give us traveling mercies along the way.

I'm looking forward to once again enjoying worship services at other locations. We have been having up to two of these a day and it's a real blessing. Glory to God and Lamb forever!!!!!

Pastor Todd Bell










2 comments:

Judy said...

Wow, great pictures. Our Preacher thought that would be a great trip to be on. He heard you on the radio the other day telling about it. I know this has been a wonderful week for you and I am so glad you got to be a part of this.

Ron Adair said...

Dear Todd,

My name is Ron Adair and I painted the art for the recently unveiled piece depicting John Clarke receiving the royal charter of 1663.

Due to a conflict, I wasn't able to attend the event and would love to see some other pictures (if possible) of the unveiling, etc. If possible could you send some to me?

Thank you again for your nice comments on the painting.

Sincerely,

Ron Adair
ronadair@comcast.net